The thick grey smog in Delhi is creating havoc across the capital and neighboring regions like Faridabad, Noida, Ghaziabad, and Gurugram. Here are the simple home tips to beat the smog. Even as politicians and authorities indulge in blame game over the smog situation, hospitals are admitting an increasing number of patients with respiratory disorders. Arvind Kejriwal described has the situation in Delhi as an emergency on Twitter. Traffic pile-ups and accidents have been reported on a number of highways, construction activities have been halted and the entry of trucks in Delhi has been restricted. Schools have been asked to remain shut till Sunday.
Simple home tips to beat the smog
1. Soonth, gul and ghee ke bite size laddoo –
take equal amounts of dry ginger, jaggery, and ghee, mix it well and roll it into small balls. Start and end your day with one. Also helpful to have one after you have returned home after spending a long time outdoors.
- Prevents inflammation and flu
- keeps sinuses clear
- smoothens digestion
2. Sugarcane – one of the simple home tips to beat smog
You can either chew on it and spit the fiber out (in the correct places of course) or drink it like a fresh juice. Preferably a mid-meal, eaten before noon.
- cleanses and helps detoxify the liver
- micronutrient dense so boosts the immune system
- It helps beat lethargy and low moods due to smog
3. Milk, Kesar, haldi and Soaked sabja –
like a nightcap. Heat milk and add kesar and haldi while still on the boil. Add 1tsp of Soaked sabja or tulsi seeds after you pour it into a cup, can also add powdered jaggery to taste.
- Volatile oils from Kesar prevent skin and hair damage
- Sabja or tulsi seeds for beating infections, allergies and bloating
- Haldi and milk is a potent and well-known recovery and anti-inflammatory combo
Other home tips to beat Smog.
- Don’t give up on exercise, just shift it to indoors
- Stay well hydrated
- Vit D, Vit B12 and carotene supplements are helpful in these situations
We hope, these simple home tips to beat the smog helps you and your family.
- Air India Trolled IndiGo on Twitter
- You should not buy juice boxes.. why?
- Cigarette shops banned from selling soft drinks and chips. SHOCKING!