Maggi Again Fails Lab Test In UP.Rs 45 Lakh Fine Imposed on Nestle India.
Our Favourite and Sab ka Favourite Maggi Again failed the lab test in Uttar Pradesh.Maggi Again Fails Lab Test
Our favorite brand Nestle India has again landed in the problem as they fail the laboratory test.
Shahjahanpur district authorities had collected the Maggi samples in November 2015 for getting the ingredients checked and sent them for a lab test, and found ash content above the permissible limit.
Rs.45 lakh Fine has been imposed on Nestle India and its distributors after its popular noodles brand failed to pass the lab test.
FMCG major maintained that ‘it is a case of application of incorrect standards’. As per reports, a fine of Rs 45 lakh has been imposed by the district administration on Nestle, Rs 15 lakh on its three distributors and Rs 11 lakh on its two sellers.
Nestle India Spoke on this matter and said:
“This appears to be a case of application of incorrect standards, and we will file an appeal urgently once we receive the order,” a Nestle spokesperson said.
Maggi Again Fails Lab Test
After the lab test was conducted, it was found that the ash content in Maggi was more than double the permissible limit.
On this Report, Nestle India Said:(Maggi Again Fails Lab Test)
” We strongly reiterate that MAGGI Noodles are 100% safe for consumption. While we have not received the orders passed by the adjudication officer, we have been informed that the samples are of the year 2015 and the issue pertains to ‘ash content’ in Noodles. This appears to be a case of application of incorrect standards, and we will file an appeal urgently once we receive the order.
ALSO READ: GOVERNMENT BANS WEARING T-SHIRTS AND SHORTS TO MOVIE THEATERS, GIVE RESPECT TO NATIONAL ANTHEM.
In 2015, Nestlé India and other companies had represented to the relevant authorities, via industry associations, to set standards specific to instant noodles to avoid confusion amongst enforcement officers and consumers. The standards have since been introduced and the product complies with these standards. We regret the confusion it may cause to consumers.”